[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection, but not during live TV

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Tue Jun 24 01:16:59 EDT 2003

I've got a pretty new MythTV machine set up, and I'm noticing something
weird.  I've got commercial detection set up in the preferences, but it
seems to be interfering with live TV watching.

When the show cuts to commercials, the video will either hang up for a
while or be somewhat choppy.   When the commercials are over, the video
goes back to streaming normally.

Is commercial detection during Live TV watching expected?  It doesn't seem
like a good idea, since I can't interact with anything during this time.
I just have to wait until the commercials are over.  Or is this some kind
of anomaly with my PVR-250 / ivtv driver?

Thanks!
-WD