[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit and Interlaced Output, part III :)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jun 23 17:40:55 EDT 2003

> Now, I've always been under the impression that you
> *always* want to output interlaced video if the
> destination device is a TV.   Interlaced video will
> give smoother motion due to it being nearly 60 fields
> per second.   While progressive is nearly 30 frames
> per second.    So when two fields are drawn on the TV,
> a progressive source will draw the same deinterlaced
> frame twice, but an interlaced source will display the
> two consecutive (and slightly different) fields.

Maybe I'm thinking wrong, but doesn't "interlace" in tv-terms refer to
the interlacing of the pixels, not the interlacing of the video stream?

anyway, like I said, this may not even be relative..  (I just needed to
look at something other than php and javascript for awhile, so I thought
I'd say something).

-Chris