[mythtv-users] RE:PVR-250 and sis7012 No sound

Eric Smith eric.smith at datacert.com
Mon Jun 23 14:46:07 EDT 2003

Thanks for the reply. No I don't get any sound from the pvr-250 at all.
I have created a mpg using 'cat' but it does not appear to have any
audio encoded in the file. I believe the msp3400.o is the module that is
responsible for encoding audio. I had an msp3400.0.gz that mandrake 9.1
laid down with my install. I replaced this with the custom IVTV
msp34000.o with no luck. I posted this on the ivtv forum with no reply
yet. I don't know if the the ivtv list-server is very active.

Anyway I am going to replace the pvr-250 with a new one to see if it is
DOA.

Thanks again.

Eric

>Can you get sound to work within X itself? I had an issue with another
>soundcard where sound worked in X but not in MythTV. I just went
through
>setup and reselected /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer again, saved the settings
and
>t magically worked.

-Rich

> Message: 12
> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:26:44 -0500
> From: "Eric Smith" <eric.smith at datacert.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] PVR-250 and sis7012 No sound
> To: <mythtv-users at snowman.net>, <mythtv-users at snowman.net>
>
> I have installed the PVR-250. I can get it to work with mythtv however
can not get the sound to work at all. I replaced msp3400 with the ivti
custom > > > driver. I have also cat'ed to a file to ensure that the
audio
is not beening recorded in the stream.

> I have seen a couple of other posts on the sis7012 and no sound and I
was
woundering if this is specific to this card our not?

> I have been working at this for a while with no luck.
>
> Has anyone addressed this problem before?
>

> Thanks

Eric Smith

Chief Technology Officer

DataCert, Inc.
3100 Timmons, Suite 310
Houston, Texas 77027
832-200-8502
713-572-3286 (fax)

Notice: This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information.  Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use
of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.