[mythtv-users] Re: ALSA sound, unresolved symbols

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 23 11:18:54 EDT 2003

>>>>> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:35:02 EDT, ElectricianDrew at aol.com said:

d> SO I looked around in the boot messages and it appears that the
d> i810_sound module loaded correctly. However, I still got no
d> sound. Switching over to a console I tried playing a sound file
d> with aplay but it returned "no soundcards found.....".

d> I tried installing the latest ALSA drivers but with no success. aplay still
d> complains about no sound cards, and using "cat /dev/dsp" (is this right?)
d> returns "device or resource busy".

        i810_audio is the OSS driver, not ALSA.  Assuming you've
compiled and installed the ALSA drivers properly, take out the line
that refers to the OSS driver in /etc/modules.conf and add the lines
that the ALSA docs (and the MythTV HOWTO) specify.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net