[mythtv-users] Freeview Channels in UK?

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 17:20:09 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 07:54, Rob Kirkbride wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am i right in saying that the PVR 250/350 can pick up the freeview channels
> in the UK? Or is this something I need a freeview box to decode? I've got an
> old OnDigital box that I use but it would be nice if MythTv could either do
> away with it or control it.

From looking at the product information for the PVR's it seems that they
are analogue tuners- and you would need one of the Nova cards to pick up
digital terrestrial.

I've got the pace variety of the OnDigital boxes, and have tried to
control that through the serial port on the back. (I've managed to
damange a PCMCIA serial card on that experiment!).  I'm still searching
to sort this out.

I received an e-mail from pace, which was a pretty standard "it's for
service people only".

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.