[mythtv-users] Latest IVTV driver(PVR-250) CVS and myth

Roby Adams hypykesub at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 23 11:24:24 EDT 2003

Well,  I got my MythTv box pretty much squared away.  All the modules work and everything looks good.  Now that it is stable I decided to get the latest cvs of the IVTV driver (I had an pretty old one) and lo and behold many of the problems I had with the driver are solved.

No more ghosting is resolutions less than 720x480!
Bitrate changing works!
Improved control over brightness and contrast.

All of these I can set via the test_ioctl proggie that comes with IVTV.  The only issue that I am seeing is problems with sound when running at a different bitrate than the default.  When I change the bitrate and view live TV, myth correctly reports the bitrate but there is some sound stuttering.  When I changed back to 8000000 and 16000000 peak it goes away.  I am not getting any rebuffering messages or any messages from myth at all.

I can use the same bitrate settings with mplayer by using "mplayer /dev/video0"  That works fine and I get no stuttering.  (It does take a sec to sync.)  I can also cat /dev/video0 >sample.mpg and that plays fine.

Is anyone else having this with the latest CVS of IVTV?  If not then it may be a soundcard issue or an issue with my build, in which case it would be an IVTV users group issue.

Looking for some direction.

Thanks.