[mythtv-users] Re:"Make"ing Mythvideo

Chad McQuinn chadmcquinn at insightbb.com
Mon Jun 23 01:23:27 EDT 2003

On 6/22/03 8:27 PM, "Victor Biro" <vabiro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> # locate qt-mt.so
> /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
> /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.0
> /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.0.5
> /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib/libqt-mt.so
>
> The Contents of "/etc/ld.so.conf":
>
> /usr/kerberos/lib
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib/sane
> /usr/lib/mysql
> /usr/local/lib
> /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib
> /usr/local/lib

It looks like, from the output below, either this library is not being
picked up, or it has been corrupted. Did you run "/sbin/ldconfig" as root
(I've had to run it twice on RedHat to get it to take before).

> ../../libs/libmyth/libmyth-0.10.so: undefined reference to
> `QFrame::styleChange(QStyle&)'

Other things to try would be removing /etc/ld.so.cache before ldconfig, or
removing and re-installing qt-devel. You could try "nm  -D
/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib/libqt-mt.so | grep styleChange" to see if you get a
line like this:

002f2910 T _ZN6QFrame11styleChangeER6QStyle

If not, then the library is probably corrupted. The strange thing is, it
doesn't seem like mythtv should even run (let alone build) if these
libraries aren't being found & read correctly. Does the front end run?

-Chad