[mythtv-users] Possible to replace linux boot screen with a picture?

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Mon Jun 23 00:59:13 EDT 2003

I'm wondering if it is possible to replace all the linux bootup text (eg.
the kernel messages, the drivers loading, etc, etc) with a picture saying
something like "MythTV is now loading...".

The idea is that I would like my frontend (an X-Box running Mandrake Linux)
to look more "professional" (not sure if thats the right term).  I would
like to hide as much of the behind-the-scenes information as possible.
Linux already automatically logs in by itself and runs mythfrontend (works
like a charm), however when I first load linux I get all that text scrolling
by...

Is what I want to do possible?