[mythtv-users] "Make"ing Mythvideo

Chad McQuinn chadmcquinn at insightbb.com
Sun Jun 22 18:31:19 EDT 2003

On 6/22/03 5:13 PM, "Victor Biro" <vabiro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> be working. However, there were some errors when I was compiling. Maybe the
> errors that I got when "making" mythtv would be helpful, so here they are:

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt

This means the linker can not find one of the needed qt libraries (qt-mt).
You need to make sure the qt lib dir is in /etc/ld.so.conf, and then you
need to run /sbin/ldconfig as root. Do 'locate qt-mt.so' (if you have an
up-to-date locate database) or find / -name "qt-mt.so" if not. This will
tell you what your qt lib dir is; it will be something along the lines of
/usr/lib/qt3/lib.

-Chad