[mythtv-users] Lots of bits and pieces...

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun Jun 22 07:49:27 EDT 2003

At 11:38 PM 6/21/2003 -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:
[...]
>Thanks, a useful site, but even they don't seem to have what I need. I'm
>looking for a case that can easily handle my current setup of 9 ide
>hard-drives, 1 floppy(optional), and 1 cdrom. And, I'd even like some
>expansion room ;-). I'm willing to go to about $200, without power supply
>or fans

I recently purchased a 10-bay tower case from www.compugeeks.com . It was a
special of the week, about $US30 for it, a keyboard, and a mouse. Last time
I looked, they still had these or similar cases, though the price was not
as good. Included a fairly big P/S (360W, I think).

I also recently purchased a 10-bay case from Fry's, also on a weekly
special, for $US5 (after a $25 rebate). Smaller P/S (250W, I think).

Both were tower cases. My impression is that 10-bay cases are starting to
become commonplace. But I have not ever seen a case with 11 or more bays,
so I don't know how to accommodate your optional floppy or "expansion room".

BTW, how do you run 9 IDE drives? I thought 8 was the limit.