[mythtv-users] Lots of bits and pieces...

Tupshin Harper tupshin at tupshin.com
Sun Jun 22 00:38:05 EDT 2003

Mark wrote:

> Tupshin Harper wrote:
>

>> 3) Does anyone know of a good source for a cheap atx case that can
>> easily hold many (10+) 3.5" internal drives? Those are basically the
>> only requirements, with cheap being quite important.
>

> Check out Directron.com, they have a nice case selection.

Thanks, a useful site, but even they don't seem to have what I need. I'm
looking for a case that can easily handle my current setup of 9 ide
hard-drives, 1 floppy(optional), and 1 cdrom. And, I'd even like some
expansion room ;-). I'm willing to go to about $200, without power
supply or fans

>> 4) Since front-end almost, but doesn't quite, work acceptably over
>> 802.11b wireless, I'm curious if anybody has opinions on how well it
>> could work over 802.11a/802.11g.
>

> I don't think the newer a/g cards are supported in Linux yet.

Yeah, I didn't properly phrase my question as hypothetical. I was aware
of the current lack of support, just curious if the performance might be
adequate if anybody ever gets some drivers working.

Thanks

-Tupshin