[mythtv-users] Autoplay of inserted CDs and DVDs

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Jun 21 18:07:53 EDT 2003

On Saturday 21 June 2003 02:12 pm, Tom Trelvik wrote:
> Tako Schotanus wrote:
> > Well, so are MP3s when compared to CDs, DivX when compared to DVDs,
> > Hi-Res Images when show via TV-out or Mame games when compared to the
> > original cabinets. That doesn't change the fact we're very glad that we
> > can do all those things because it times the ease of use is more
> > important than perfect quality.
>
> 	I'm inclined to agree with Tako's logic here, fwiw.  That's why I find
> this "integrate everything" philosophy so interesting.  But that's just
> me.  =)

I'm not going to add a button to the menu that just launches a random program
for DVD playback, as it is extremely easy for anyone who can use a text
editor to do so.  Minute I do that, people are going to be saying 'But I
wanted to use Y instead of Z for that!'.

I'm not going to write a more complete DVD player module, as I would have no
need for such a thing.  Some else can -- in fact, I believe someone else is,
so just sit tight.

Isaac