[mythtv-users] Another PVR-250 IR failure

Max max-mythtv-users at lasevich.net
Sat Jun 21 04:14:02 EDT 2003

I knew this was my own stupidity, just did not know what that stupidity was. Now I know.

Here is a tip for successfull use of LIRC with PVR250 - make sure your /dev/lirc is the right device. I discovered mine was a symlink to serial port instead of a character device 61,0 (which is what lirc module expects) Also, for whatever reason starting lirc via the init script  that came with it does not seem to work(lircd starts, yet dies shortly after), however starting it manually works just fine. Will need to investigate that.

Now anyone know of a decent RC5 device code I can use instead of the silly useless hauppage remote?  I got the black one, and it IS pretty useless.

-M