[mythtv-users] Re:TV Output Not Filling TV Screen

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Sat Jun 21 00:22:22 EDT 2003

 > And using nvidia's drivers, it looks like, from you XF86Config file, so:

Yup. I'm using NVIDIA's drivers.

 > Add this line:
 > Option "TVOverScan" "0.65"
 > To the section describing the TV. You may want to adjust the 0.65
value (I
 > believe larger is more overscan, and the value should be between 0
and 1).
 > This is what works for my Panasonic HDTV.

Well I set it to 0.65
It fills the screen, but it goes off the right side of the screen too much.
It's very difficult to determine how much of the screen is off the right
hand side.
I tried setting the values in sucession.
0.40, still has borders. Still has borders thru 0.45, 0.46, 0.49
Some time after 0.46 the screen is perfectly aligned with the right hand
side, but the top, left and bottom still has a border.
So increasing overscan is not gonna help fix the 'alignment' issue of
being centered on the screen.