[mythtv-users] TV Output Not Filling TV Screen

Chad McQuinn chadmcquinn at insightbb.com
Fri Jun 20 18:09:19 EDT 2003

On 6/20/03 4:16 PM, "Robert Schultz" <robert at cosmicrealms.com> wrote:

> I'm running the latest CVS MythTV (as of June 15th or so) with a NVIDIA
> GeForce 4 MX card using the Composite AND VGA out with XFree86 and
> Fluxbox running under RedHat 9.0 on a Athlon XP2800+ system.

And using nvidia's drivers, it looks like, from you XF86Config file, so:

> The TV picture doesn't fill the screen. There is a 1 inch border around
> the top, left and bottom edges. The right hand side seems to be aligned
> with the edge of the TV okay though.

Add this line:

Option "TVOverScan" "0.65"

To the section describing the TV. You may want to adjust the 0.65 value (I
believe larger is more overscan, and the value should be between 0 and 1).
This is what works for my Panasonic HDTV.

-Chad