[mythtv-users] XBox as a frontend?

Allen T. Gilliland IV alleng4 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 15:22:09 EDT 2003

playing back "live tv" is the same as playing back a
"recording" ... at least from the perspective of a
frontend.

with live tv all that is really happening is that you
are doing a recording into the file you specify as
your ring buffer and then playing back that file.  the
delay between the record and playback is a couple
seconds i think.

so your frontend (xbox) really doesn't know the
difference between live tv and a recording, all its
doing is playing back a file.

and so of course that means the short answer would
have been "it works great!"