[mythtv-users] Extenal interface to frontend for OSD and otherstuff?

Zachary S. Bedell zaclist at adirondack.net
Fri Jun 20 13:43:24 EDT 2003

If you're specifically looking to do Caller ID pop-ups over Myth, you might
like to look at YAC (Yet Another CallID program).  I use xyac with Myth, and
it sucessfully pops up caller ID.  Even over direct-screen activity like
playing videos or music visualizations, it works flawlessly.

Info about XYAC is here:
http://bah.org/tivo/

The YAC program itself (which can serve call ID to all computers on a LAN
from one modem-equipped Windows box) is here:
http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/

Also, the Elseed program (call ID server for TiVo, available on bah.org) can
be easily modified to run on standard Linux PC's to serve call ID from a
modem-equipped Linux machine.

If you're looking to do other types of pop-ups, I think the XOSD package
that XYAC uses would work.

It's no where near as elegant as a Myth-based solution, but if you're
looking for instant gratification, this could be a decent no-code solution.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Zac Bedell