[mythtv-users] Re: Autoplay of inserted CDs and DVDs

Rob Rogers rob at WizardsTower.net
Fri Jun 20 06:03:30 EDT 2003

* Tako Schotanus <quintesse at palacio-cristal.com>

> No, actually the original was master on the second IDE controller and I
> just replaced it for the new one.
> The only thing is that I can't see a way to set master/slave for the
> slim-line drive and the BIOS recognizes it as a slave.
> So the second IDE controller now has a slave without a master. Could
> _that_ have anything to do with it?
>
> NB: The first drive was known as /dev/scd0 the new one is /dev/hdd

Well, not having a master doesn't caust any problems, but the fact that
the old drive was the mater (hdc) and the new drive is slave (hdd)
probably does. Your original install probably detected the drive as a
DVD and added a line in your lilo.conf (or grub if that's what your
using) to tell the kernel to use the scsi emulation for that drive. The
line in the conf should look something like:
append="hdc=ide-scsi"
If you were to change that line to hdd and reboot, I'd guess your new
drive would come up as /dev/scd0 ;)