[mythtv-users] Guide Disappeared

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Fri Jun 20 09:15:47 EDT 2003

> >On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 10:24, rwk at americom.com wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I just updated from CVS.  I was running 9.0.  My Programming Guide has
> >>since disappeared.  Can anyone advise me on what to do?
> >>

> >Advice:
> >
> >Don't run CVS versions unless you know what your doing and are capable
> >of figuring out what is wrong.

I didn't say I don't know what I am doing.  Where did you get that idea D?

> >:D
> >

> I glossed over that message and said "Welp, I'm almost done compiling
> the new Gentoo CVS ebuild. Hope I don't make the same mistake that guy
> did." As I was marveling over the very subtle niceties I'd been missing,
> I failed to notice that Live TV no longer worked. The program guide
> seemed to work though. I get spammed with "open: No such file or
> directory" when trying to watch Live TV. I wonder if I should just wait
> a little bit and emerge mythtv-cvs and see if it fixes itself, or if
> there's an easy way to revert to 0.9.1. Or, if it does work (but it
> isn't recommended to continue with CVS), is there a way a to stop using
> CVS at the next major release? I would think that the ebuilds might be a
> problem, since I have different ebuilds for 0.9 and CVS.

I just bactracked to 9.1 and have found that my program guide still
fails to display.  I am beginning to think that it started failing with
9.0 or 9.1 and that I just didn't notice until now.

I updated to the latest CVS based on the new features described on the
mythtv home page.  It made it sound like it was a safe time to install.

I really don't appreciate people with their nose stuck in the air.  I am
likely more capable with Linux than average, but we can't all be experts
on the workings of every program, and I have never understood that this
was a prerequisite to using CVS source.  I have been using CVS up to the
point 9.1 came out with no problems.

Particularly when there is little (if any) documentation regarding the
design or database structure...  I am just asking where I might start
looking.

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

BTW, I am also now receiving a screen-fill of "open: No such file or
directory" messages as well, but it does not prevent LiveTV from
working.

Thanks,
Dick