[mythtv-users] Re: Autoplay of inserted CDs and DVDs

Rob Rogers rob at WizardsTower.net
Thu Jun 19 18:07:02 EDT 2003

* Tako Schotanus <quintesse at palacio-cristal.com>
> You were right of course, I had changed one drive for another and now
> had to use /dev/hdd instead of /dev/scd0.
> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> I'm no Linux expert so can somebody explain why this change (from scd0
>-> hdd) happens?
> Isn't scd0 supposed to be for SCSI drives? Both drives I used were IDE
> so why would it use scd0 at all and why would it change when changing
> drives?

That would happen if you were using scsi emulation, which Linux uses for
dvd or cd-r(w) drives, and then switched to a drive that didn't do scsi
emulation.