[mythtv-users] Autoplay of inserted CDs and DVDs

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Fri Jun 20 00:06:40 EDT 2003

Well, so are MP3s when compared to CDs, DivX when compared to DVDs,
Hi-Res Images when show via TV-out or Mame games when compared to the
original cabinets. That doesn't change the fact we're very glad that we
can do all those things because it times the ease of use is more
important than perfect quality.  Besides the fact that not everybody has
a DVD player (especially after paying for the parts to make your perfect
MythTV media monster ;-).

Of course it is very easy to add a button for playing DVDs.
So that means it is also very easy to make it a standard option in my
opinion.
People can decide for themselves if they want to install DVD support or not.
So the very least it should be made part of the official docs to explain
how to add that particular button.

Any good arguments why it shouldn't be made a standard option?