[mythtv-users] Autoplay of inserted CDs and DVDs

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Thu Jun 19 15:43:26 EDT 2003

> Ok, so can anyone explain to me how MPlayer is sub-par compared to my
> Pioneer DVD player, because I sure as hell can't tell.

I think the main difference would be the required resources. Hardware
playback relies on itself primarily rather then system resources to
decode and playback content. If you've got a smoking machine (that
rarely sees a lot of I/O) a software solution may seem just as good in
the fact that it looks the same and everything works, but the system
will be more taxed then a hardware based solution.

--
Lonny