[mythtv-users] Biggest, baddest MythTV

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jun 18 16:29:04 EDT 2003

> So, I was thinking of possible setups for a MythTV mega box... (Mmmm...
> Dual tuner with 7000 hrs...)

My company will soon be shipping a 16-drive 3U dual-xeon system (which
could easily attach to any number of additional external drive
cabinets).

However, we ran into an issue with one of our current setups in linux
(our current offering is a 4U), in that ext3 only supports 2T
partitions.  If you try to format more than that, it wraps (except in
the debian installer, which gives you a negative number) - turned 2.6T
into 600G.  You'd have to find a different file system (requiring an
unstable kernel) or write a patch for myth to handle multiple save
points. ;)

Then again, I still like my pundit.

-Chris