[mythtv-users] cpu usage question / recording setting recommendations

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Wed Jun 18 10:46:24 EDT 2003

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard wrote:

> Brian Lalor wrote:

> Something is VERY wrong with your system, I can do LiveTV at that
> resolution and bitrate setting, and I'm only using a Celeron 1.1A (Much
> much less powerful).

Bah.

> LiveTV might have problems if your video card Xv setup is wrong, it
> would then use a CPU intensive display mode... but if even a single
> recording won't work, then your problem is bigger than with mythtv...
> either a kernel or hardware problem, I guess.

The *recording* seems to be the problem, not the playback.  Playing back the
previously recorded stuff seems to have the CPU ticking over at less than 5%.
  Recording pretty much maxes the CPU.  Just clarifying.

Are the settings for recording in the settings table?  I haven't been able to
find 'em.  If I can change those and then schedule a recording, I can try to
debug this remotely.

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor