[mythtv-users] Changing channels

Shawn core at enodev.com
Wed Jun 18 07:17:09 EDT 2003

Well, mythtv may soon have another new convert. I love my TiVo, but if I
want my video on a SAN, by cracky I want it on a SAN!!!

Anyway, I have a question. I have digital cable, and currently my TiVo
has a little IR thingy which sends remote control signals to my digital
cable box to make it change channels.

My understanding (which may be wrong) is that a video capture card will
not be able to "tune" a digital cable signal, but will grok a video
input. Also, I thought that "tuners" won't grok digital cable signals
correctly like an authorized cable box from the cable co.

You can see where I get confused? How does the mythtv change channels if
my capture card can't? Or can it?

How do you folks have it hooked up?