[mythtv-users] Want suggestions for MythGallery UI

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 23:18:35 EDT 2003

From: thor <mythtv at lamedomainname.com>
>A random list of other possible features (just what
you >wanted to hear):

>	- PC-CARD bus reader support

This is more or less already in there.  I put the
hooks in, but the rest is too hardware & distro
specific for MythGallery to handle.  I'm sure
somebody (ugh, probably me) is gonna have to
add to the HOWTO to provide some pointers and
examples on how to make it functional.

Basically, the import button copies whatever
is in the search list (if the item in the list
is a directory) into MythGallery.  If your pcmcia
is set up to automount the reader on insert
notification, then when you insert your PC-CARD,
you'll hear the pcmcia subsystem
beep that the card is ready to read.  Then you hit
the import button on MythGallery and wait 'til it's
done.  Then you can eject the card.

The kicker is that *you* have to figure out how to set
up pcmcia to do the automount as I cannot without
knowing what kind of hardware and Linux distro
you are using.

If you can't figure out automount, then I also provide
a way for you to punt.  If the item in the search list
is an executable, then Gallery will execute it.
Just create a shell script that mounts the device,
copies it's contents to ARGV[1] (passed in from
Gallery
as the destination dir) and umounts/ejects it.

>	- music selections for slide shows/transitions

I've actually thought about this.  I think that it
is easier to do it in MythMusic than in Gallery.
I'm thinking that one could provide a Gallery slide
show as a visualization.  Maybe Gallery can tag
a directory for MythMusic (I can't imagine
individually
tagging 5 minutes worth of images using a 20 button
remote) who then builds an image list, instantiates
the SingleView class passing the image list through
the constructor and calls its exec() method.

>	- burn VCD/SVCD-compliant picture CD's

This would require a vcdimager dependency.  It would
have to be a compile time option if it makes it in.

>	- red-eye reduction

Don't want to reinvent the wheel on this one if I
don't
have to.  Are there any image processing plugins out
there we can borrow from?  Preferably something that
can be dynamically loaded?

-Dennis