[mythtv-users] Possible Memory Leak?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jun 17 15:42:23 EDT 2003

At 10:18 PM 6/17/2003 +0200, Ralf Haller wrote:
>Using the vesa driver filled up my 512 MB of RAM in approx. 10-15 minutes
>and the CPU  was running at 66%. Now with the SiS driver (I am using a SiS
>650 chipset) the memory consumption stops at 256 MB and the CPU only runs
>at 25%.

I have no way of checking your actual setups, but before I associated this
difference with a memory leak, I would check to see if, just possibly, the
vesa driver did not support XVideo, but the Sis driver does. That
difference would *certainly* explain the change in CPU use and might even
explain the memory difference as well (I still am not sure what memory
consumption number you are reading to make this report, so that part
ramains hazy).