[mythtv-users] Mythweb behind a firewall -- Why isnt itworking?(port 80 is forwarded)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 16:49:26 EDT 2003

Yep, that's what I do, too.  Well, actually in addition to VNC I also
forwarded a port on my office PC to my Squid proxy server on my SSH box at
home... then configured my browser to use the forwarded port on 'localhost'
as a proxy and, voila... I can use my internal network IP addresses
(including my MythWeb box) in my web browser, plus I bypass any web
blocks/filtering/tracking that my employer has.

I have VNC running on all my machines at home, so I can access every desktop
remotely... it's great for when my wife calls with a problem.  And, I only
have one port open on my firewall (and it's not even the standard SSH port,
to further confound people!)

-JAC