[mythtv-users] Re: VIA C3 Deinterlacing and 3dnow

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Tue Jun 17 11:46:47 EDT 2003

I don't have your answers, but I wanted to share this article which
explains the various instruction sets:

http://www.arstechnica.com/cpu/1q00/simd/simd-1.html

You will probably want to start here if you just care about MMX/SSE:

http://www.arstechnica.com/cpu/1q00/simd/simd-4.html

It seems to me that SSE and 3DNow provide similar functionality, but they
are not the same instruction set.

Larry