[mythtv-users] New user up and running.

Spencer Jason E CONT DLVA SpencerJE at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Tue Jun 17 13:28:30 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I wanted to say thanks for the great product, informational docs and forums.
I was able to get Mythtv up and running (2 days) by following the well
written documentation.  I can watch live tv at around 60-70% utilization.  I
haven't recorded a show yet (just got it working last night) but it should
be minimal usage.

(Hard/soft)ware:
Gentoo (gaming sources w/ v4l2 patch applied)
Mythtv ver 0.9.1 w/ modules
P3 750
512M ram
160G HD  ($99 just bought for Mythtv)
PVR-250  ($150 just bought for Mythtv)
No tv-out yet.

Now it's time to play with all the software and learn all the functions.

Thanks,
Jason