[mythtv-users] never mind -> not starting off too good

Tony Pelton tonyp at dsrts.com
Mon Jun 16 10:03:23 EDT 2003

hi folks,

never mind.

a) the device busy stuff i think was because at some point i specified some
bogus config info for the driver and was forever wedged until reboot.

b) i missed a "no buffers" message spewing by in /var/log/messages

fwiw, the FAQ at ivtv didn't address the issue for me.

after much twiddling about, the way i finally got some video out of a 'cat'
test was by bumping _down_ bitrate and bitrate_peak.

this was where the capture resolution was already quite a bit smaller than
what was specified in the FAQ. (dont remember now what the size was ...
3??x2?? roughlly ...)

i didn't see that anywhere in the FAQ.

i might try sending off a quick note to the ivtv people.

i'm wondering if this is a symptom of something ?

should my machine (an AMD Thunderbird 1.1 Ghz and PVR-250) have been able to
keep up with the default bitrate=8x,bitrate_peak=16x ? and if so, maybe i
have a hardware conflict or ?

also, xawtv is still no joy for me.

when i fire up xawtv, i start getting the buffer messages in the log again.

is this because xawtv is changing the capture rates on me ?

cheers,
Tony

On Monday 16 June 2003 00:24, Tony Pelton wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i am starting to try and build a MythTv system using the WinTV-PVR-250 and
> RH9.

.
.
.