[mythtv-users] Channels begin with 2000

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jun 15 12:43:52 EDT 2003

Steve wrote:
> I needed to remove some unwanted channels in my database and started to
> follow these instructions:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc19.9
>
> I noticed that all my channels begin with 2000 instead of 1000.  Anyone
> know why this is and is it any cause for concern? I'm wondering if this may
> be related to other bugs I've been seeing trying to fix scheduling
> conflicts.

No cause for concern. The thousands place represents the
Video source. I have analog cable and also digital cable
boxes. These have different listing so they are setup as
different video sources. Even if you don't use two different
sources, you may have started over at some point which created
a second entry in the table numbered "2". The docs simplify
a bit by assuming that most people only have one source.

--  bjm