[mythtv-users] Re:Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Jun 15 03:35:55 EDT 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 02:13 am, Robert Schultz wrote:
> Okay, after thinking about this backend stuffed up problem, I'm not so
> sure it's a ivtv bug.
> I think it is possibly a MythTV BUG.

Until you provide actual information otherwise, it's an ivtv bug =)

> I'm guessing that maybe when that ringbuf1.nuv file fills up, it chokes
> on ringbuffer.

It doesn't -- I've tested this _many_ times recently, on multiple machines.

> I run the backend in verbose mode, but no more messages are displayed.
>
> Help, what else can I do to determine what's wrong?
> I need more detailed error messages or some other thingsI can try to
> locate the problem.

There's instructions in the howto that walk you through generating backtraces.
Recompile for debugging, run the backend in gdb, hit ctl-c when it gets
backed up, and follow the instructions in the docs.  Or you can add some
debugging statements around the bit where it reads data from ivtv driver,
which'll work just as well most likely.

Isaac