[mythtv-users] The Horizontal Pundit

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Jun 14 20:22:26 EDT 2003

> Another question about the Pundit, how does it handle heat?

I was never able to get lm_sensors configured properly (if anyone else
does, could you please tell me how?) to tell what the system temp was,
but for awhile I was running it inside of a cupboard under my TV.  It
was fine, but got pretty warm (there was a hole cut in the back for air
to escape) while it was encoding.

The main advantage of the pundit's design is that the cpu fan intake is
directly from the side of the case, drawn in via a baffle, so it's not
"contaminated" by warmer air from inside the machine.  I eventually
moved it next to my tv because I have no way to measure temps on the
hard drive (which worries me more than the cpu).

> (It does support full-height PCI cards, right?)

yeah.  hence the trouble cramming them in around the case.  It's
difficult, but not THAT hard to get them in.

-Chris