[mythtv-users] The Horizontal Pundit

Joe Schmidt joe_schmidt at nospammail.net
Sat Jun 14 23:02:09 EDT 2003

Steve Davidson wrote:

>>Thanks for the advice and warnings, Chris, Christopher, and Robert. If I
>>end up buying it, the rubber feet sound like a good idea. I'd probably
>>have it inside of a TV stand, so the bare metal on the bottom wouldn't
>>show. I think I saw some aluminum-looking spray paint or vinyl dye at
>>Home Depot last time I was there, maybe I could get it to match.
>>

>Just make sure that the CPU vent holes on the side (or in your case, the
>top) aren't covered... <g>

I shall make sure. I'm slightly disheartened to hear about troubles
cramming cards into the Pundit, and difficulty in upgrading, say, the
video card, but I may yet buy it. The motherboard I'm currently using
has a GeForce 2 onboard--not bad.

Another question about the Pundit, how does it handle heat? The case I
have now has tiny little fans that run at the same speed all the time,
and with my desktop computer on as well, the room hetas up pretty
quickly. System area is around 44 degrees, CPU area is 50 degrees in the
summer, and around 42 in the winter. If the Pundit can do any better
than that, I may just bite the bullet on the Pundit's shortcomings and
cash in on its benefits.

(It does support full-height PCI cards, right?)

Thanks!