[mythtv-users] Re: freeze problems

John Goulah bigjohn at getrockedout.com
Sat Jun 14 18:27:40 EDT 2003

So I've been messing with this most of today and I think I have it narrowed
down to something wrong in my sound configuration (Alsa). The reason is
because MythTv seems to work fine without sound but crashes when I try to use
sound (also worked with oss stock sound in redhat but with a 2 second delay).
Alsa seems to work fine with my Cds, DVD's, mp3s, and EVEN xawtv and using
aplay /dev/dsp to capture audio (although it sounds rather "tinny" to me).

I just now recompiled mythtv and reloaded a new database to wipe old settings
and got it working WITHOUT sound.

I have an ATI Tv Wonder using bttv, and an onboard cmi 8738 chip that uses
btaudio, here is my modules.conf (relevant stuff only) :

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
options snd cards_limit=1

#video card stuff
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv card=63 radio=0 pll=1
options tuner type=2 debug=0
options btaudio dsp1=1 dsp2=2 mixer=1

If anyone has any idea, I appreciate it, because I'm out of ideas...

Thanks!
John