[mythtv-users] Question to all those NFS users out there...

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Fri Jun 13 11:08:49 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> You're not sending uncompressed video across the network, so 100Mbps
> is plenty.  Why would you think you need two NIC cards?

I wasn't sure if 5 streams would require more than that.  Of course it
would be a very unlikely real-world situation to have 2 recordings and 3 viewings
going on at one time.

Based on the other reply, keeping the NFS storage on the backend, I'd be
down to only the 3 streams, so that sounds good to me.

~cj
#mythtv.conaz