[mythtv-users] Re: Channel order/Swedish time offset

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Fri Jun 13 11:28:36 EDT 2003

Hi Fredrik!

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Fredrik Högberg wrote:

> Hi!
> I've just installed the myth and i've got some issues i can't figure out.
> I've search for help but i just can't understand how it work.
>

> The second question are for any swedish users.
> It doesn't really matter but can someone explain for me why i have to set the time offset in mythtv to +2 to get the correct starting times on. I could understand if it was GMT offset but that would be +1 or am i the only one having to do this?

I'm not swedish but will answer anyhow. I think it's related to the
timezone defined in the xmltv data and/or your local timezone. I also
have this set to +2, because in Germany the timezone is GMT+1 like in
Sweden. And atm i'm in the daylight savings time period which adds
another hour.

I just checked the xmltv data for germany and it's timezone is GMT i
think. But the local timezone atm is GMT +2 so that it explains it.

So i have to manually change the timezone offset in mythtv to +1 at the
end of the daylight savings time period?

  HTH, Stefan