[mythtv-users] Channel order/Swedish time offset

Fredrik Högberg usur at home.se
Fri Jun 13 10:48:37 EDT 2003

Hi!
I've just installed the myth and i've got some issues i can't figure out.
I've search for help but i just can't understand how it work.

How does the program guides actually sort channels?
I want it to sort them by chanid in the channel table.
I can get this to work but i cant get them to display startin with 1 and in a descending order.
They display something like 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 6 no matter what i set the guide starts at.
I've also made a "ALTER TABLE channel ORDER BY chanid" in mysql. This helps the MythWeb wich seems to sort them by database order but allthough i tell mythtv to sort by database order it still doesn't sort them as i want with the correct starting position.
Maby i'm just stupid but i really can't get this to work and can't find anything in the docs or in the forum.

Anyone know what to set to make it work as i want.

The second question are for any swedish users.
It doesn't really matter but can someone explain for me why i have to set the time offset in mythtv to +2 to get the correct starting times on. I could understand if it was GMT offset but that would be +1 or am i the only one having to do this?

Thanx
Fredrik