[mythtv-users] Mandrake 9.1 -- Serial port problems

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Fri Jun 13 00:23:47 EDT 2003

I swear my computer has ghosts in it....   the OLD rca.pl script is now
working me.

I've tried that script a hundred times without any luck.

My RCA receiver (RCA DRD430RG) supposedly has a "New command set" that has
different commands than the older RCA receivers.  Somebody from this list
sent it over to me because he modified it.

I don't understand, I feel so stupid.

It's working now.  In fact, EVERYTHING is working now.

I'm using Mandrake 9.1 on my backend server (Athlon 750 MHz, 256mb RAM, 20
GB HD, Win-TV Go Card).

Would it be worth it for me to remove Mandrake and install Gentoo from
scratch (eg. stage 1)?

Thanks again for ALL your help.  You have been INCREDIBLY helpful.