[mythtv-users] RedHat 9 problems... solution or alternatives?

David Gentzel gentzel at gentzel.com
Fri Jun 13 00:05:01 EDT 2003

I recently found time to get my mythbox put together and it's working
pretty well, except for the previously reported problems with the RH9
kernel and stuttering/slowdowns.  As with others, I'm seeing a constant
lag with LiveTV such that it gradually falls further and further behind.
CPU utilization is reasonable (< 50%).

Has anyone who's seen this with RH9 found a solution?  Kernel config
setting?  Alternative kernel?  Barring that, much as I'd hate to waste
the time reinstalling, have people had better luck with Gentoo or Debian?

Thanks.

--
David Gentzel
gentzel at gentzel.com