[mythtv-users] help with xawtv

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Jun 12 20:04:43 EDT 2003

At 06:49 PM 6/12/2003 -0700, brian wojnar wrote:
>Let me clarify my problem.  The channels are off in
>both xawtv and mythtv.  The channel listings are
>correct, but the actual displayed TV channels are
>incorrect.  So i assumed the problem exists within
>xawtv.  I've go into my /etc/modules.conf and the
>correct tuner card is selected.  I tried to follow the
>link from the FAQ pointing me to the video4linux
>mailing list, but I've been unable to subsribe to the
>private archives.  Help is appreciated.

If you see the problem in BOTH xawtv AND mythtv, then whyever would you
assume "the problem exists within xawtv"? The first place to check is for
an error in something common to both apps, and that is exactly the advice
Bruce gave you (by directing you to the FAQ).

When you say "the correct tuner card is selected," what do you mean by
that, and how do you know it? *Card* type and *tuner* type are, in this
context, different things, something your use of the phrase "tuner card"
makes me think you do not realize.

Assuming the card is really a "Leadtek WinFast 2000", that is *card* type
34 (the relevant TFM to R here is
/usr/src/linux/DOcumentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST). Offhand, I do not
know the correct *tuner* type for this card, but you might see what bttv
thinks it is if you modprobe bttv without specifying one.

[old stuff deleted]