[mythtv-users] RE: mythfrontend setup for around $300 ??

Justin Waugh jwaugh at comcast.net
Thu Jun 12 19:25:59 EDT 2003

I think I forgot to mention that I am recording audio in Mp3 format at quality level 4 (not sure if the quality level affects playback).

>Ack, this is not what I want to hear! Have you tried playing video local?
>Through MythVideo? Just curious if it is possibly a network issue, rather
>than a decoding issue due to the power (or lack thereof) of the xbox.
>Of course I'm still awaiting my xbox mod chips... I guess easybuy2000.com
>wasn't the place to order from.

If you are concerned about video playback outside of mythtv recordings, I have to say that xboxmediaplayer is outstanding.  I've played back videos in divx 3.11, divx 5, xvid, mpeg2 etc with no problems at all.

Since xboxmediaplayer uses mplayer libraries for decoding, with the mplayer patch and a recompile it should be able to playback mythtv recorded files no problem.  Additionally, if someone was enterprising enough they could make xboxmediaplayer a true frontend for mythtv (would need to implement the network protocol as well as the mysql stuff).