[mythtv-users] MythVideoLAN??? MythStream?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Jun 12 15:34:35 EDT 2003

At 05:01 PM 6/12/2003 -0400, Albert Santoni wrote:
>I think the best way to play recording over a LAN with MythTV would be to
>create a small Linux distro that includes hardware autodetection and
>MythFrontend, and boot it off the network...

A variation on this idea (some sort of customized Myth distro with hardware
autodetect) gets suggested about once every 2 weeks. Consult the list
archives for a discussion of the details.

If you get something along these lines developed to the point where it is
testable, I'm sure many people here would be intersted in downloading and
trying it. Good luck.