[mythtv-users] MythTV and the future

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Thu Jun 12 14:30:35 EDT 2003

> The moment I saw it, the thought "vcr/dvd of the future" went through my
> mind.  And I was imagining myself using my remote control to move
> between  menu items, and doing selections ... recording on a built in
> hard drive, on a  box that perhaps was something like a notebook in
> structure (to avoid cooling  problems), but still a vcr and I was
> browsing the image on the TV.  Such  dreams we sometimes have :-)
>
>   Are there any plans for such a box in the making?

Don't know if I'm reading you correctly, but if so, this *IS* what many of
us are doing.  Many of us already connect up to the TV and use a remote
control to control it.  I'm actually using the very remote that came with
my DirecTV.  That one universal remote will control my TV, DVD, VCR,
Satellite, stereo tuner, AND MythTV.  I have mine in a tower case that's
hidden in my entertainment center but many people actually have a black
desktop case that looks like a piece of audio/video gear.