[mythtv-users] help with xawtv

mjw at woogie.net mjw at woogie.net
Thu Jun 12 16:38:16 EDT 2003

Bruce Markey said:
> brian wojnar wrote:
>> I'm using a Leadtek TV2000 and Mandrake 9.1.
>
> It's currently the last item in the FAQ:
>
> ) All of my channels seem to be off by one, and the picture quality is
> poor - The bttv driver is not autodetecting your tuner type correctly,
> or
>    you are specifying the wrong tuner type.  Find out which one your
> card uses, and read Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST to find
> out how to specify it.

If you are using the NTSC version of the Leadtek, then BTTV is definitely
autodetecting it improperly.  You can edit /etc/modules.conf with the
proper settings, but then the remote won't work, since lirc requires that
bttv autodetect the card properly.  I've hacked my Red Hat kernel to fix
this, but it's a major pain, since now I can't just use the RPM versions
of anything that install kernel modules.

Mike