[mythtv-users] has anyone looked at the prismiq mediaplayer

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu Jun 12 08:00:29 EDT 2003

Christian Hack wrote:

>>http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/video/5e77/

This looks great :-)

I can already see a number of other uses for that - external D/A audio
converter, x terminal (assuming I can connect a mouse) etc. :)

    *

>>Was just curious if people had looked at it or thought it might be a
>>possibility?  Not sure how difficult setting up a cross compilier
>>environment for it would be.

I don't know either.

>>Might be easier to replace the backend portion with hooks into mythbackend (currently their backend only runs under windows) and keep it's frontend.

That's what I thought as well. Their frontend looks very nice.

They have docs on how to add new video formats
<http://update.prismiq.com/plugins/>.

As I would expect from stuff sold by thinkgeek, they seem to be quite
open <http://www.prismiq.org> and with the Open-Source spirit. Sounds
decent, from a quick look.

hm, maybe we could convince that company to sell prebuilt MythTV boxen?
;-) *hide*