[mythtv-users] No sound in recordings...

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed Jun 11 22:26:22 EDT 2003

Örn Hansen wrote:

>  I've got a Haupauge WinTV card, mono audio.  When I record, with mythtv and
>try to play back the vidoe... I get the video, but no audio.  Anyone know a
>solution to this prob?

You need to provide more info.
Can you tell, if the recording contains the audio, i.e. if it's a
recording or playback problem?
Recording: Which sound device did you specify in prefs for recording?
Does it belong to a sound card or to a btaudio from the soundcard? Can
you record from the sound device using brec or another WAV recorder? If
you're trying to use btaudio: Which modules did you load? What does the
backend log file say?

similar questions apply to the frontend.