[mythtv-users] My proposed HW setup, Please provide feedback..

Bassem Youssef byoussef at NishanSystems.com
Wed Jun 11 12:29:19 EDT 2003

Hello,
I've been itching to start playing around with MythTV and finally convinced
the wife
that we really need it :-)
Anyway, here is my proposed HW setup.
My goal is to try to capture 2 streams (640x480) and watch
a recorded file at the same time, so without further ado here is the list:
Case: Shuttle SN41G2 (onboard sound and video, plus s-video out, 1 PCI, 1
AGP)
Cpu: Barton 2500+
Capture Card in PCI slot: Hauppauge PVR-250
Vid Card in AGP slot: Matrox G-400 (this will provide me with the second
capture device)

Planning to use either RH9 or Mandrake.

Does this sound feasible ? any reservations ? comments are very welcome.

thanks.