[mythtv-users] Recommendations?

Bryan Murphy bryan at terralab.com
Wed Jun 11 11:10:20 EDT 2003

Sure thing!  I'm running Mandrake 9.1.  I installed the most recent
Nvidia drivers from their web site, and then I only changed the device
section of the config file (so in other words everything is stock except
for this section).

I've got a few extra meta-modes sections as I was playing around with
different resolutions to figure out what worked best for the card, but
1024x768 does fine and MythTV/Mplayer run at lower resolutions anyway.

I had to set my TVOverscan to 0.4 to get the picture to fit on my TV,
you might need to play around with that a bit.  There was about an inch
and a half of screen space on all four sides that was being cut off by
my TV (of course it's a big TV so an inch and a half is relative to that).

As I said before, using mplayer to play a DVD looks fantastic over
svideo now.  The mpegs I capture with my WinTV PVR 250 leave a little to
be desired though.  Right now it's good enough for recording shows I
know I'm going to miss, but I don't really want to use it for live tv yet.

Bryan

Section "Device"
    Identifier "device1"
    VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
    BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce4 (generic)"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "DPMS"

    Option "NoLogo" "1"
    Option "RenderAccel" "1"

    Option "TwinView" "1"
    Option "ConnectedMonitor" "crt,tv"
    Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
    Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
    Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
    Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
    Option "TVOverScan" "0.4"
    Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
    Option "DigitalVibrance" "0"
    Option "MetaModes" "1024x768, 1024x768; 1024x768, 1024x768"
#    Option "MetaModes" "800x600, 800x600; 800x600, 800x600"
#    Option "MetaModes" "640x480, 640x480; 640x480, 640x480"
EndSection